Haring rejects original sin and the separation of priests from laity. Priests are separate, and because they are ordained, they can administer the sacraments, handle the sacred species, and hear confessions.
The four last things are death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
Council of Carthage A.D. 418
- Canon I: Adam was not created subject to death.
- Canon II: Infants are to be baptized for the remission of sins.
- Canon III: Grace not only gives remission of sins but aid that we sin no more.
- Canon IV: Grace gives knowledge, inspiration, and desire to perform required duty.
- Canon V: Without the grace of God, we can do no good thing.
- Canon VI: The statement “If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves” should not be said out of humility but because it is true.
- Canon VII: In the Lord’s Prayer, the Saints pray “Forgive us our trespasses” not only for others but also for themselves.
- Canon VIII: The Saints pray “Forgive us our trespasses” not out of humility but because they have sinned.